The Iraq Britain Business Council holds an annual Council Meeting Dinner for members and guests, which takes place after the first Council Meeting of the calendar year.
The Dinner, which is hosted by Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne, IBBC President and The Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Iraq, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan & Kazakhstan, usually takes place at the House of Lords in Westminster, London.
UK Government officials are invited to address members and guests and previous keynote speakers include:
- Baroness Fairhead CBE, Minister of State for Trade & Export Promotion,
- The Rt. Hon. Alistair Burt MP, Minister of State for International Development and Minister of State for the Middle East at the FCO
- Ambassador Jon Wilks CMG, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq
- The Rt. Hon. Tasmina Sheikh MP, Trade and Investment Spokesperson for the Scottish National Party (SNP)
- The Rt. Hon. Alex Salmond MP, previous First Minister of Scotland (2007-2014)
- The RT. Peter Mandelson MP, Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform
- The Rt Ken Clarke MP
The occasion is to thank members and guests for their support of the IBBC and to celebrate the hard work, values and progress over the previous year.