Developing relationships between members, Iraqi businesses and government representatives in both Iraq and the UK drives much of the IBBC’s work. The IBBC leads regular missions to Iraq to facilitate this, organising conferences and setting up meetings on behalf of members. The IBBC has organised conferences and other events in Erbil, Basrah, and Baghdad.
Joint IBBC Iraqi Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Kurdish Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry Conference, Erbil
Running events in Iraq means that IBBC members have access to both national and local businessmen and political leaders, creating a deep network of opportunities.
The IBBC also draws on the extensive experience, expertise and resources of its Members inside Iraq to arrange special events, meetings and other types of support who take part in IBBC-led missions to Iraq.
The IBBC works in partnership with the national investment commission of Iraq and its affiliated organisations in all Iraqi provinces. The Baghdad, Basrah, Najaf and Karbala Chambers of Commerce are IBBC members and actively support IBBC initiatives and events.
In the Kurdish Region of Iraq, IBBC has established strong links with the Kurdish Investment Board and the Federation of Kurdish Chambers of Commerce.
IBBC events in Iraq have included:
- Regular conferences in Baghdad, Basrah and Erbil
- Meetings with politicians and officials
- Conferences organised in collaboration with government entities such as the Ministry of Oil and the Trade Bank of Iraq.
- Dinners and receptions hosted by IBBC member companies throughout the country
- Visits to oil fields, universities, cultural institutions and major construction sites