Mosul University is a public university located in Iraq – Mosul. The University was established in 1967. The university includes 23 colleges, 6 research centers, 6 consulting offices, 5 Hospitals & Clinics, few museums, a number of directorates, technical and administrative units.
There are more than 4281 academic lecturers in our university, distributed to sciences and humanities colleges and centers throughout the university. The area of the university is estimated at more than 270 hectares distributed over three areas within Mosul. The University provides advanced programs for higher education in various disciplines at all levels in accordance with high standards aimed at presenting more qualified graduates who contribute to the development of the society economically and socially. In addition, the university shows a commitment to ethical and professional values, creates a stimulating environment for learning and intellectual creativity, supports the human rights, employs technology optimally, and pursues creative research that contributes to building a knowledge society.
Facts about the University of Mosul
Mosul University is a public university located in Mosul. It is one of the largest educational and research centers in the Middle East, and the second largest university in Iraq, after the University of Baghdad. The University was established in 1967.
- Number of Colleges, Centers and University Institutions
|Hospitals & Clinics
|And a number of directorates, technical and administrative units
- Number of Academic Lecturers
- Number of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
|High Diploma Students
Vision, Mission and Goals
To achieve leadership and excellence in the fields of teaching and learning, knowledge production and dissemination, and community service, to reach an advanced position among Iraqi, Arab and international universities.
To provide advanced programs for higher education in various disciplines at all levels in accordance with high standards aimed at qualifying more qualified graduates who contribute to the development of the society economically and socially. As well as, commitment to ethical and professional values, creation of a stimulating environment for learning and intellectual creativity, supporting the human rights, optimal employment of technology, and the pursuit of creative research that contributes to build a knowledge society and providing technical consultation to raise the level performance of community institutions.
- Preparing qualified staff scientifically, professionally and educationally in different fields of knowledge according to high quality specifications.
- Promote scientific research in theoretical and applied sciences, encourage research related to development programs, as well as support future research.
- Continuing development of the curriculum for primary and higher studies, in accordance with modern knowledge and technology innovations.
- Promote the religious, moral and national values of university students and develop a spirit of cooperation, responsibility, and environmental awareness among students.
- Participate in the service of the community through direct and continuous interaction with its institutions, providing scientific consultations, and strengthening educational programs
- To strengthen links with regional and global academic universities to interact positively with their successful scientific experiences.
- Improving the performance of faculty members at the university throughout intensifying the courses of teaching methods, workshops and assessment.
- Dissemination of the principles of quality among the employees of the University.
Organizational structure of the University
- The university presidency includes
Scientific assistant and administrative assistant and the office of the rector. There are many departments and units, including finance, human resources, graduate studies, cultural relations, statistics informatics, quality assurance and university performance and others. These departments are managed by many administrative and scientific competencies.
- Colleges and research centers include
The medical group:
Faculty of Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, College of Dentistry, College of Nursing and College of Pharmacy
The engineering group:
Faculty of Building and Construction Engineering, Electronic Engineering College, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Irrigation Engineering College, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, and College of Computer Engineering.
College of Science:
Department of Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics and Biology.
College of Basic Education:
Department of Islamic Education , Arabic Language English Language, Special Education , Physical Education Sport Science , Kindergarten , History , Geography , General Science and Mathematics .
College of Arts includes the following sections:
Department of Translation, English, Arabic, Turkish, history, French, Philosophy and Sociology.
College of Agriculture and Forestry:
Department of Forestry, Animal Production, Field Crops, Soil and water resources, Gardening & Landscaping, Plant Protection, Food science, The agricultural economy, Agricultural Extension and Technology Transfer, Machines and agricultural machinery.
Faculty of Administration and Economics:
Department of Economy, Business Management, Banking and Finance, Industrial Management, Marketing, Financial Accounting and Auditing, Cost and administrative accounting, Management information systems, Management of tourism and hotel institutions.
College of Education:
College of Education for Pure Sciences
Faculty of Education for Human Sciences
College of Petroleum and Mining Engineering
College of Computer Science and Mathematics
College of Environmental Sciences and Technology
College of Fine Arts
College of Education for Girls
College of Archaeology
College of Physical Education and Sports Sciences
College of Islamic Sciences
College of Political Science
College of Law
Computer and Internet Center, Center for Regional Studies, Center of Mosul Studies, Water Resources Research Center, Center for Environmental Research and Pollution Reduction, Center for the development of teaching methods and university training, Remote sensing center.